The Houston Area Safety Council developed the Contractor Prequalification Database through a collaboration with the Commercial Issues Committee of the Houston Business Roundtable. The standardized prequalification form (PQF) is used throughout the industry by contractor companies to provide a thorough description of their services and qualifications. Owners use this information to determine if contractors meet requirements for jobs at their sites.
The paper PQF was converted to a web-based system and launched in the spring of 2004.
PQF Rich Internet Application tools are part of the HASC Xnet and supported by HASC.
Benefits for Contractor Companies
- Industry standard form
- Storage and distribution through the HASC Xnet
- Nationwide e xposure to owners in the industry
- Low cost
- Billing through local safety council (where applicable)
Features for Contractor Companies
- Adobe Acrobat PDF makes forms portable
- Contractors can edit and make changes to the form online
- Access control: Contractors can specify which owners are allowed to see their information
- Email based access requests
- Built-in PSM Audit support
- Additonal document support
Benefits for Owner Companies
- Transparent access requests protect owner privacy
- Free of charge for owners
Features for Owner Companies
- Contractor company browsing
- Download of PQF form and additonal documents